We went to the actual creators of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) to get their feedback on movement in the market.
If you’re interested in insights from the company that created NFTs, check out this chat with Mickey Maher, SVP of Partnerships at Dapper Labs. He and Gigster’s Director of Blockchain, Cory Hymel, talk about the fundamentals of success in the NFT space.
Dapper Labs is the company behind NBA Top Shot, CryptoKitties, and the Flow blockchain. Their goal is to bring a mass market audience to blockchain technology through entertainment, applications and games. In addition to developing the first real mass market application of NFTs, their CTO, Dieter Shirley was one of the authors of the ERC-721 NFT Standard for Ethereum.
In Cory and Mickey’s interview, they discuss:
– Lowering the barriers to entry for NFTs and crypto
– How Flow Blockchain was created to cater to mass market audiences
– The community adoption of the Flow Blockchain ecosystem
– Importance of focusing on community and considering NFT marketplaces as a next-generation social network
– Going beyond the commercial aspect of NFTs to create something new and interesting
“Community first, second, last. What you’re really building here is a next generation social network which is connecting fans of a creator or brand together, but also more directly connecting the fans with that creator. Embrace and facilitate that,” said Maher.
After starting a relationship with Dapper more than 2 years ago, Gigster was proud to recently announce their formal partnership to facilitate rapid NFT marketplace development on Flow for customers.
You can watch the full interview on our YouTube channel and be sure to subscribe for our upcoming blockchain partner streams!